3.15.2011

Scarlett O'Hatters

On Saturday, March 12th, I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with the Scarlett O'Hatters of Johnson County.  Growing up in Johnson County, this appearance will definitely hold a special place in my heart. We were able to talk over lunch and I got to learn about all of their upcoming events and interests.  When we finished lunch it was time for my presentation!
I told the ladies about the Miss Missouri Organization and all that it has done for me.  I discussed the importance of service and shared some of the service events in which I have been involved.  They loved hearing about Celiac Disease and the strides I have made in creating an awareness.
One of my favorite parts of visiting with these ladies was being able to speak with one of my 6th grade teachers!  We talked about how much I had changed and were able to laugh at the fact that I used to be such a tom-boy!
A huge thank you to Miss Jean! She is such a sweetheart and truly one to look up to.

Last but not least, I LOVED hearing their "Princess" names and of course, seeing their gorgeous hats.  Each lady has created a meaningful duchess name for herself.  They wear their name-tags proudly and shared them with me!  It was such an honor to be able to speak with and learn from these lovely Red Hatters
  



No comments:

Post a Comment