5.03.2010

Weekend Whirlwind

These weekend, I was able to encounter a brand new experience... judging! I traveled to Dixon, MO (hometown of the gorgeous and talented, Chelsey Jones), to judge the Tiny, Little Miss and Pre-teen Pulaski County and Mid-MO.  The girls were adorable and it was very difficult to choose new titleholders.  It was really neat to see the little ones so educated and poised.  Although a few contestants didn't have much to say in their interviews, others had plenty to say!  Future goals ranged from fashion designers, WWE Wrestlers, marine biologists and princesses- WOW!  Watch out Miss America, there are some talented little tikes with big dreams coming our direction!

Another great part about judging the pageant was the judges panel.  I served as the head judge on a wonderful panel,  consisting of past and previous Miss Missouri titleholders.  It was great to hang out and catch up with some of the girls.
Pictured above is the judges panel with the director, Miss Layla Earl, and the judges chair, Olivia Cromwell.  Judges were Me'Lisa Enyard, Malorie Howe, Melanie Schneider and Katy Reed.
Emceeing and performing her amazing talents at the pageant was a past Little Miss Pulaski County, Chelsey Jones.  Auditing the pageant was the reigning Miss Audrain, Abby Grimmett!  Abby, Chelsey and I were previously sister queens in the Waynesville area and had a great time visiting on Saturday.


After visiting it was time for the pageant to begin! One of the cutest parts of the pageant was definitely the talent portion.  Another highlight of the pageant was when a little sweetheart shouted on stage during evening gown, "mommy, I need to go potty!" 
Our Tiny Miss Pulaski County showing off her trophies! 

All of the new queens with the judges


Directly after the pageant I took off for Lee's Summit, MO to spend time with good friends and family to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday! My family is very close and I am lucky to have such great siblings.  Pictured below is my goofy brother, Jimmy with his loving sisters, Angela and myself.


Sunday brought the pageant preparations!! One of our teen titleholders, Mattie Elliott, met me at my apartment and we took off for Platte City (without getting lost... this time!).  In Platte City, we met our wonderful directors and our other teen sister queen, Morgan Carnes, along with her mom, Joyce. We all had a great time and are ready for Miss Missouri week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment