5.05.2011

Special Olympics Basketball State Championship!

Directly after the expo, I jumped in my car and traveled to Kansas City for the Special Olympics State Basketball Championship tournament! It was a rainy day, but with the amount of teamwork, support and hard work put forth it seemed bright to everyone in attendance. 

When I arrived, I was greeted by the Park Hill team.  This happened to be an all boys team and they were so eager to get my autograph picture.  They played a great game and won their round!  After watching their game I was able to travel to a few other gymnasiums in the building and see a few other teams competing for their division championship. 



After that round of games I headed to the auditorium for awards.  I had the wonderful opportunity to join a few police officers and award the winners. We pinned on ribbons and were able to put medals around the players necks.  One of my favorite teams was Wentzville, MO.  This team had amazing sportsmanship and were so greatful to be standing on the stage.  I received several hugs and even a kiss on the cheek!





I loved this event and cannot wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment