4.14.2010

The LATE Show

Not the David Letterman Late Show.... but the Warrensburg High School LATE Show! I was the motivational speaker at the event on April 9th.  The LATE Show is a overnight lock-in to help 8th grade girls transition into high school.  When I was an 8th grader, I participated in the Warrensburg LATE Show, but surprisingly, I had more fun this time! 
Mattie Elliott, Miss Greater Kansas City Outstanding Teen, was able to join me! We created a motivational presentation about getting involved in high school and not letting other people change who you are.
During the presentation, I included an activity to show the girls how much they had in common.  They LOVED the activity that I titled, Party in the USA.



After the presentation the girls had a ton of questions.  This event was a great plug for the Miss Missouri Outstanding Teen Organization, many of the girls want to start competing!  Once the questions were answered we were able to have more fun.  The girls were hilarious! We had mini-pageants, talent auditions, runway walks, autograph sessions and much more.  

There were eight different groups of girls and they all got to name their own teams.  We are pictured here with the Groovy Hippees and the Hicktown Hotties.


These are the Spankin' Diva Zebra Hustlas and the Ropin' Ridin' Cowgirls

Crowning a Miss Congeniality


The Pretty Pretty Princesses and the Jungle Jammers

The night was a lot of fun and the girls are ready for high school! A big thank you to Tara Engelhart for organizing such a great event and inviting me to be a part of it.  Tara was my teacher when I was in 8th grade as well and she loved to tell the girls that I played hockey and all other school sports... the girls didn't believe her! 

*Do not let someone else's opinion of you change who you are*

No comments:

Post a Comment